Have you noticed that I like the survey says format? I like it when smarter people do all the work of coming up with questions that I can add inane and/or ridiculous answers to and call it a post. So I’m hopping on the much smarter, Aunt Becky‘s bandwagon and linking up for Ye Olde Annual Meme, yo.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Became a blogger. Got a grown-up hairdid. Danced like no one was looking. Realized that someone was, in fact, looking. Shame spiraled. Ate Red Velvet ice cream and got over it.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I have a different feeling than most in regards to resolutions. I make them and I don’t feel guilty if I break them. I figure it’s all a work in progress. My health will never be something that I don’t have to take care of, my blog will either be something that I do or don’t do, I will or won’t have another baby.
So yes, I think I kept them. All of them except the lottery. But there’s still time. Big finish, New Year’s Eve lottery winner. And yes, I will make more. But not today, I got too much shit on my plate today.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Physically close to me, yes. My neighbor had a baby boy, but I still haven’t seen him so I’m beginning to fear some sort of Claire and Aaron on the Island conspiracy going on here. I’m currently waiting for Sawyer to come whisk me away to the jungle for some baby
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. *knocks wood* *crosses self* *crosses fingers and toes* *rubs rabbit foot* *remembers she’s a vegetarian* winces and tosses the foot in the bin*
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A record deal and a sweet bike. Or the ability to support myself through writing.
6. What countries did you visit?
I spent a lot of time in the former Republic of Texas. Trust me, it counts.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
My brain has no time for dates. Have you been following along? I’m a BLOGGER, yo.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I remembered that I love to write. And then I wrote.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My level of impatience with my little dawdler. Also, Me, Myself and I Mondays. A good idea. For some more motivated and enthusiastic chick.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the flu and had one of my wisdom teeth yanked, but I hardly think that qualifies.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
One of my oldest and dearest for knowing when to say when and reaching out when it was so much easier not to. Love you, girl.
Also, Ryan Gosling, for showing the world that hot, well-muscled famous dudes really are better than the rest of us. Hey girl, increase the peace.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
If by depressed you mean filled with murderous rage, then Rick Perry. Asshat.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
BAND!BACK!TOGETHER! Fuck yeah.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier – home with husband in own home and bestie in town. Sadder – family is mad far, yo.
ii. thinner or fatter? Probs more toward thinner, but it’s negligible.
iii. richer or poorer? I do aight.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Eaten more cheese(not possible).
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about eating too much cheese. Also, Twitter. I hate motherfucking Twitter.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I don’t have to worry about that for at least another 10 months.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I really did. No joke. No lie. I fell in love with blogging, with bloggers, with blogs. I fell in love with global community, with supporting your fellow man and with a whole mess of do-gooders. Also, with writing and banter. All over again.
23. How many one-night stands?
Marriage kinda kills the prospects.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
House is still the one. After all these years.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not anyone new, no. I have moments of hate or rage, but I try not to cling to that shit. It makes you old before your time. And it’s already my time, so it would likely kill me dead.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Drive. Harry Potter. Snape 4 eva.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
42. I think I slept in. Ate something. Probably watched some shows. It was like over a month ago, I can’t even remember what my kid wore to school this morning.
*Note to self – take pic of kid on school days.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Holy shit, I’d better get me one of those personal fashion concepts in 2011. Fuck, too late.
34. What kept you sane?
Working with The Band. New friends and old. Moving home with my crotchety old husband. My stupendous little kid. Cheese.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t really fancy celebrities, I fancy characters. House, as always. Jess on The New Girl. Ryan Gosling’s character in Crazy, Stupid, Love.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t allow political issues to stir me since the majority voted George, Jr. into office. Twice. But I did think the whole Occupy shit was kinda cool and idealistic. And naive, but it all kinda goes hand in hand, doesn’t it?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
When in doubt, eat more cheese.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You can’t always get what you want, but you get what you need. Unless you don’t.
Mazel tov, y’all.