If this is a major funk that you’re feeling, if it’s more along the lines or the mean reds, if you are sad most of the time, if you can’t get out of bed, if you want to hurt yourself or others, if nothing sounds cool or fun then go here or call one of these numbers . Call your dad or your bff or your priest or your mailman. Just call someone. Right now please. Thank you.
If this is a mild funk or the winter blues, if you’re bummed because your team lost the big game then some of these might pop you right back into technicolor. I needs more ideas y’all. What makes the good times roll for you?
10. Read The Bloggess or Mommy Wants Vodka or Big Mama or A Softer World -
9. Check out the Red Velvet Whoopie Pies at Tasty Kitchen. - Salivate. Bake and enjoy. And send some my way. But only two because, HELLO, I am on the Weight Watchers people!
8. Watch Mama Mia! – If you haven’t seen this movie, you are probably a Commie. If you choose not to see it now, you are clearly in line with the devil and have no capacity for joy or humanity. Or possibly just do not enjoy musicals. Either way, you’re dead to me. JK. Probably.
7. Dance and sing along with Mama Mia! – You can’t resist the siren song of ABBA. No one can.
6. Blog about it – It helps, even if no one’s listening. But don’t call peeps out because I’m fairly certain it will come back to chow down on yo ass if you do.
5. Watch Ellen – There’s music and dancing and people dressed in blindfolds or silly costumes duking it out to win a trip to Cancun or a new ipad. And there’s Ellen. I big rainbow colored puffy heart Ellen. She’s silly and funny without the mean or the snark. And have you seen her smile? Cuz, wowsa that can light up your day!
4. Prank call a friend - Make it a good friend who won’t mind and who will be fully supportive of anything that helps improve your mental state. And make it silly, the sillier the better. Is your refrigerator running? Prince Albert in a can? Send money to help get a dashing young Nigerian prince out of a jam? Help to acquire enough pseudoephedrine to start a small lab to produce methamphetamine for a group of displaced lab monkeys who got hooked during their trial?
3. Listen to And Your Bird Can Sing by the Beatles or Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley or Mudhouse by Bob Schneider or Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson – Or whatever loud, silly, catchy, high on audio song that gets you jumping around on the bed with a hairbrush.
2. Run – Run on a treadmill, run around the block, run with crazy arms like Phoebe from Friends. Blood sailing through those veins, adrenaline shocking your system into a mood boost. Warning, you may get hooked on the juice.
1. Reach out and touch someone – Visit a friend. Call, write, text, Skype, Facetime, IM, comment on mah blog. Interact, man. This crazy little thing called connection can help increase those synaptic links in yer brian. People need people and not in a Soylent Green sort of way.
Check out the other terrific Top Ten Tuesday lists hosted by the lovely Oh Amanda, you won’t regret it!
The image at the top of this page was originally posted to Flickr by Jessica.Tam at http://flickr.com/photos/42305326@N05/4057782618